June 1st, 2019
Today was our first travel day, we drove ten hours, from Peoria to Tennessee. The ride was not near as bad as I thought it would be. We made it in good timing and we did not have to stop every hour, which is a plus! I am excited about many things to come; meeting new people, learning about their culture and how they are living, learning about their history and how they have come to where they are now, and just having the privilege to go to such a neat place. I currently do not have any apprehensions for this trip, I truly am excited about what will come. I feel that most everyone has cultural biases they are unaware of, I would love to say I do not have any. However, I am sure I do have some that I do not notice. I do not think I have any that I need to set aside, because I do not notice that I have them. However, I will make sure to be more aware of myself, I do not want to offend anyone. I think we are going to have a great trip and cannot wait to experience Cherokee, North Carolina!
I'm so glad you are on this trip! Before this trip started, what did you expect this area to be like? What did you think the people would be like?
ReplyDelete