My Final Thoughts
This experience was definetly one for the books. I learned so much and had so much fun! I feel the way I changed the health of others through this trip is the knowledge and experience I gained. The knew knowledge I gained will help me in my future practice. It opened my eyes and how I viewed things. I also changed the health of those I directly spoke with at the shelter, I did this by educating them on things they needs to be educated about (health wise). I feel those who I spoke with truly want to change and will try to be healthier, this will also affect their future generations. However, in regard to the whole community getting healthier, I feel this will take quite some time and a lot of work. The biggest thing I think needs changed is their access, which requires certain funding. As well as education, I feel that is huge in this area, in order for change to be made. I feel they can get there though. I feel I changed in the way I view things, health wise. Most people want to be healthy, but do not have the means to achieve that. It is not that they do not want to. Going on this trip has shown me that first hand. This community is at a disadvantage and suffer from it. They do not have the access or resources they need to be at optimal health. I was honored to be a part of something much bigger than myself and hope to travel back that way again!

One of the best parts of coming on this trip is that you can take your family back and show them everything you learned!
ReplyDelete